The surface of cakes made with oil is usually better than the surface of cakes made with butter. Oil cakes will in general prepare up loftier with a better and even crumb and will remain tender and moist far longer than cakes made with butter. So for what reason do most cake recipes start with butter? Flavour. Cakes made with butter usually taste better than oil cakes. It’s this feature of butter cakes that has made place in the mind of bakers and other people. But believe us, this isn’t the whole truth. If a cake is baked with fragrant flavors or stacked with carrots and nuts, the flavor distinction that originates from oil or butter is insignificant. What’s more, in some of the cakes, oil can even enhance the flavour and taste ultimately. So, wondering how to bake a cake with oil instead of butter? Well, below we have shared a vanilla sponge cake recipe with oil instead of butter. So, let’s get started with the ingredients and recipe for the delectable cake.
- ¾ cup sugar (the recipe also works using ⅔ cup sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk (low fat or whole milk)
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
Recipe / Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Oil a 8 or 9 inch round cake baking container and line it with parchment paper.
- With an electric blender set on high speed, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla for around one minute to thicken.
- On low speed include vegetable oil, milk, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt (optional). Blend it well but do not over mix. It will take around 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into the cake container you prepared earlier. Now bake for around 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- Let it cool for around 5 minutes and then invert it on a wire rack to cool totally. You can ice or frost the cake as you like.
Recipes for frosting – https://www.bakingo.com/blog/5-delicious-frosting-recipes/
So, that was it from our side. Hope you liked the cake recipe. Enjoy the cake with your dear ones at home. If you liked the taste of the cake, you can similarly substitute butter with oil and can add other flavours to make up for the taste. Happy eating! Happy baking!