Cake is a baked token of happiness that comes in different types, different sizes, and different flavors. How about mixing two flavors together? Did you know the happiness becomes double when two delicious flavours are mixed, together and it results in a yummylicious cake flavour combination. In today’s blog we will discuss How to make a delicious chocolate strawberry cake. Chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, chocolate frosting, and sweet strawberries! This is the best chocolate strawberry cake recipe!
For the Cake:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
For the Strawberry filling:
- 2 cups (303g) strawberries, pureed
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (24g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour (8g), sifted
For the frosting
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 6 cups unsifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare 3 8-inch round baking pans, line the bottom of each pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Turn by turn half the dry ingredients followed by half of the coffee and mix just until the flour starts to incorporate. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Divide the batter evenly between the three pans, about 1 2/3 cups of batter per pan. Bake at 350°F for 20-24 minutes.
- Test the cake by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is baked. We suggest to keep rotating the pans halfway through the bake.
For the filling:
- Chop and puree the strawberries using a blender.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, mix pure strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and flour thoroughly. Cook over medium-high heat until the mixture starts boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for another 5 minutes, stir until the strawberry puree becomes thick. If the puree seems thin, add 1 tbsp of extra flour.
- Allow the puree to cool completely.
While the cake is cooling down. In the bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix until it is frosty for about 3-4 minutes. Mix in vanilla. Drizzle in soft melted chocolate and beat on medium speed until frosting is smooth and creamy.
Assemble the Cake
- To assemble the cake, place a cake on a cake stand or serving platter.
- Spread frosting on the bottom layer of the cake. You want a thick layer of frosting. Next, cut 1 cup of strawberries long-term and place them on top of the frosting. Place the second cake on top of the strawberries and press down gently to help set the cake.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the cake, which dries the sides of the cake. Wait for the ganache to set, about 15 minutes. Garnish with whole and halved strawberries. Cut into slices and serve!
So, that was your yummylicious chocolate strawberry cake! If you don’t feel like to bake on a grey rainy day, order a cake online.