Our hearts are filled with much joy, love and warmth when the season comes to be jolly. From decorating our Christmas trees with shimmery ornaments to sharing some quality family time, it is the best time of the year for many people. People come together to relish some turkey and some mulled wine as they unwrap their Christmas presents. Sing carols together, play some fun games and bake
some Christmas cookies and Christmas cakes together. More than Christmas being a traditional festival, it seems like an emotion. Our home-sweet-home gets filled with the much-needed warmth, joy and the aroma of the Christmas baking. If you want to bake some delicious cakes for Christmas then here’s a list of cakes that you can absolutely give your try at baking.
- Plum Cake – What birthdays are to cake, plum cakes are to Christmas. Since ages now, people have been seen to recognise Christmas – the festival of relishing some super delicious plum cakes. Plum cakes are a German origin dessert that is filled with some nutritious assortment of dry fruits in them. These dry cakes could even be made of dried fruit (such as currants, raisins or prunes) even.
- Carrot Cake – Don’t like carrots in your salad or in your veggies! Try baking this carrot cake, this Christmas season and fall in love with this sweet veggie cake. People love this incredibly moist carrot cake which sometimes even comes topped up with cream cheese frosting and some pecans/nuts. This cake is sure to make a merry Christmas for everyone.
- Rum Cake – Christmas time falls during the winter months, which is why the need for alcohol like Rum in our cake to help us all stay warm and comfy. It is the holiday season cake which is sure to uplift your spirits for Christmas and the coming New Years. Mostly some friend fruits and nuts are soaked in rum for months, and then while preparing this rum cake they are poured into it.
- Chocolate Cake – Every season is a chocolate cake season. Quite just like the way Christmas makes us all happy, so do chocolate cakes throughout the year. To double up the Christmas joy, you can absolutely think of baking a delightful chocolate cake. Every bite of this cake is sure to make your cake absolutely special.
- Black Forest Cake – Cherry liquor is traditionally used for baking this Schwarzwald gateau aka black forest cake. This German origin cake is sure to help you make some special Christmas memories as you tend to bake it with some of your favourite bunch of people and thereafter relish it.
- Hot Chocolate Meringue Cake – Winter season would mean it’s a hot chocolate season! So bring your A level baking game on, this Christmas as you turn your favourite beverage into a delectable cake for this season. Made with crisp chocolate-hazelnut meringue and lots of whipped cream, this exemplary cake is both foods for the eyes as well as for our taste buds.
- Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake – If you were looking for some over the top holiday cake, then this is it! A delicious sticky toffee pudding cake is a classic transformation of a British dessert into a delicious layer cake. Each of the layers is induced with nuts, buttercream and a rich toffee sauce. All of which makes this cake sheer magic.
- Gingerbread Cake – A soft, moist cake that has been spiced up with ginger, cloves, nutmeg or cinnamon and further sweetened with honey, sugar or molasses is sure to help you make some cherishable Xmas memories with your loved ones. The buttery flavour of this cake is absolutely to die for.
- Snickerdoodle Cake – Filled with bits and pieces of cinnamon, snickerdoodle crumble and cookie filling, this cake is sure to become a holiday favourite for everyone. It is usually made in 4 layers and covered with cinnamon buttercream. It is sure to spread some happiness and love to all as they digg-in to relish your baked pound of love.
- Red Velvet Cake – Christmas is the season of love, belonging and family which is why a sweet red velvet cake is sure to make the highlight of the Christmas festivities, this year. The charming red colour and the inclusion of traditional baking ingredients like buttermilk, butter, cocoa, vinegar, and flour is sure to melt someone’s heart into tears, effortlessly.
- Caramel Cream Cheese Cake – A silky smooth cake baked with cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla and eggs seems like a great choice for Christmas. The caramel flavour compliments the sugary taste of the cake so well that it ends up giving all of us a major dessert – orgasm.
- Eggnog Cake – Warm up the Christmas spirits as you choose to bake a delightful delicacy in the form of an eggnog cake. It is usually a three-layer cake with soaking syrup. The cake has been beautifully spiced up with cinnamon and nutmeg.
So, what’s your pick gonna be for the Christmas baking?