With each passing year, being in love and accepting each other’s flaws, it gets really necessary to ask each other some questions to examine the relationship. Let’s just face it, every relationship goes through its own set of ups and downs! Some relationships tend to get affected with all the cheating, infidelity and divorce cases so much that they end up getting split up. So, testing the love and living up to those vows, made at the time of dating each other tend to solidify the relationship. If we see things practically, then we would understand that the world is not constant, so are not ones’ values, goals, priorities, and even likes and dislikes. These things are in constant flux, so it becomes necessary to talk to your partner about your and his changed preferences. Simply, with age, comes a lot of change!
So, as your anniversary approaches, asking some reasonable questions doesn’t just sound right but is an excellent way to keep up the “understanding factor” in every relationship intact. While asking these questions, one may find something totally surprising or untold by their partners. Also, it is a great way to examine whether your relationship or marriage is going on the right track. So, making your partner ask or answer these questions, would provoke some interesting thoughts as well as create some light-hearted moments between you both.
So, these are the following questions you can ask (rather, we would say must ask) on every anniversary to live happily ever after.
- What has been the high points of our relationship?
- What has been the low points of our relationship?
- Are we both still on the page? Do we want the same things from this relationship?
- What do you like being in a relationship with me?
- Where do see this relationship going?
- Do you feel we spend enough time together? If not, then how can we do so?
- What was that thing which made you realise that I was the one?
- When was the time you felt deeply connected to me?
- Which other couples do you admire and why?
- The biggest challenge that we have overcome this year?
- When was the last time you laughed your heart out?
- Were you ever disappointed or frustrated with me?
- What is the one thing we can do to make our relationship stronger?
- What are the things that have changed over the past year?
- What are the things that have remained the same over the past year?
- Do you have any sexual fantasy that you want us to try out?
- Are you satisfied sexually? What could change?
- Are you happy with your career? If not, what needs to change and how can I support?
And this list can go on and on and on, as per your curiosity and creativity. Just, think what you would ask your partner to nurture your relationship into a healthier one and you shall seek what you were seeking for. Always, remember just like every cake needs a little attention while baking into a masterpiece, so does every relationship!