How many times have you said No to a slice of cake for all health reasons but ended up gorging on it? Yes, that’s what a cake does. Lure you with its appealing beauty, pull you into a slow trance, get your mouth dribbling and ultimately trick you into chancing for a bite.But mind you, it’s not just a bite then. The inner child in you shouts out for more and you have to ultimately give in. Then there’s a slice and another till you finally lick your fingers clean.
Well, we suggest- break free from the chains. Don’t resist the temptation because Cake Is Goodness, giving you enough amount of contentment to qualify falling into your menu.
Hesitating, still? Well, here’s something to aid you. A delicious taste and a lot of health. The Fruit Cake recipe to try at home and savour it right after it’s out from the oven. Here you go:
Preparation Time: 2 Hours
Frosting time: 1 1/2 Hours
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature for 1 hour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
For the cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
For the fruit:
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 apricot, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 2 Kiwis, sliced
- 1 slice, pineapple
Here’s How You Can Prepare It:
- Preheat oven at 350◦ Fahrenheit. Butter the cake pan lightly and sprinkle 1 tablespoon sifted cocoa powder. Now, discard the extra cocoa by tapping the pans gently and coat it evenly.
- Now, whisk the butter and sugar together until the mixture is creamy. Add 2 eggs, one at a time and beat them vigorously until each is incorporated. Add honey and mix well.
- In another bowl, sift together baking powder, flour and set aside the mixture. Add finely chopped maraschino cherries to the mixture.
- Combine the two mixtures well. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake the same for 40-45 minutes until cooked.
Note: Check the doneness of the cake by inserting the skewer into the center of the cake. If the cake is done, the skewer would come out clean.
- When the cake is done, let the cake cool in the rack for nearly 1 hour.
- When the cake is cooled , whip the cream with vanilla and icing sugar until soft peaks are formed.
Note: Do not over whip the cream lest you should end up having butter. Whip the cream enough to be thick that it spreads easily and evenly over and on the side of the cake.
- Spread the frosting with the cream and decorate with the chopped and sliced fruits. Cover the space on the sides with kiwi (you can increase or decrease the proportion of the fruits as per your choice)
Note: You can use fresh pineapple and cherries but the tinned one which comes in syrup is a good option too.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator and serve after a while.
This delicious treat is a healthy alternative to your daily dose of fruits. Savour it anytime you desire worry free! You can get this amazing treat right at your doorstep from Bakingo. Place an order and get it delivered in no time.