If we ask you to name two edible things that you love the most, the popular opinion will surely state that maximum people love ice cream and chocolates. If you are one of those who love these two things more than anything else, then we are here to give you a treat of a lifetime. We are going to let you know how to combine these mouthwateringly delicious things as one, cakes recipe to make a dessert that you can never refuse. That’s right, we are talking about the chocolate ice cream cake! The famous dessert is loved throughout the globe, by everyone who lets their taste buds rule their hearts. Now, the name may seem misleading like only chocolate ice cream can be used with this cake, but that can not be more wrong. It’s a delicate combination of chocolate cake and ice cream, which can be of any flavor, like cassata ice cream, vanilla ice cream, or even fruit ice cream, it’s all up to you and which flavor you like the most with chocolate.
So, without further delay, let’s get down to work and take a look at the ingredients needed to make this fantastic cake!
Prep time: 25 Mins
Baking & Making time: 35 to 40 mins
Additional: Almost 2 Hours
Servings: 18 Mouthwatering slices
The needed ingredients are:
- A chocolate cake mix for the cake or you can also make the cake from scratch but that’s a pretty time-consuming process, plus a cake mix can be bought easily from any online cake shop or grocery store.
- Next up you will need half a gallon of ice cream of any flavor of your choice to make this special ice cake! PS- make sure to use ice cream that comes in rectangular cardboard packaging and it must be softened at room temperature.
- Some cherries and nuts, to garnish the cake.
- Wax Paper
- String or sharp cutter
Now after gathering all the things, place them together and let’s bake a cake!
- First of all, bake your basic chocolate cake according to all the instructions provided on the box of the mix. Remember to follow the written instructions properly or the cake may not turn out the way you want. After baking it, check if the cake is done or not by poking a toothpick into the cake if it comes out clean then you are good to go and let it cool down. However, do not open the pan just now.
- Next, take the ice cream and cut out the packaging so that the ice cream’s shape is intact. Now, this can be a little tricky! Take a thread or a very sharp cutter and cut the ice cream into four equal pieces. Then take the wax paper and place all four pieces of ice cream on it, side by side making a big square. Now take the cake and place it on top of the ice cream square. Now open the cake pan very carefully and cut out the visible edges of the ice cream to make it round and in shape with the cake.
- Then, while taking great precautions, slowly place your hand under the wax paper and turn the cake upside down. Now, remove the wax paper from the top and smoothen out at the divide between the ice cream pieces. Now garnish the cake with nuts and cherries, then place the wax paper back on top.
- Freeze the cake until the top becomes solid again and then devour the scrumptious dessert, at anytime you want!
This recipe is for all those who love scrummy desserts, so, if you are one of those who love them, then go on and try right away!