Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- Mango puree
- 2 ½ cups of peeled and mashed mangoes
- 2 cups Flour
- ¼ cup softened butter or margarine ( at room temperature)
- 2 ¼ sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 115g softened cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 cup chopped almonds
Here’s How You Can Make It
1. In a mixing bowl, add 2 ½cups of peeled and mashed mangoes, 2 eggs, 2 cups of sugar, and mix them all well until the mixture becomes fluffy.
2. Now, add flour, baking soda, vanilla extract in the aforementioned quantities and stir the mixture again.
3. Fold the mixture well to combine all the ingredients and ensure no air bubbles are burst by the heavier mixture.
4. Pre-heat the oven at 350◦ Fahrenheit. Butter three 9 inch cake pan lightly and sprinkle 1 tablespoon sifted cocoa powder, tap pans gently to coat it evenly and discard the extra cocoa.
5. Next, pour the prepared batter into the greased and floured cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
6. When the cake is done, let it cool completely on the rack.
7. In the meanwhile, take another mixing bowl and add the aforementioned quantities of softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, softened butter. Stir them well.
8. Use this mixture over the baked cake. Now, drizzle mango sauce over the cake to offer the desired texture and glaze.
Tip 1: If you are using fresh mangoes, use NON-FIBROUS ones, preferably Alfonso or Kesar mangoes.
Tip 2: If fresh mango is not available, use frozen mango puree and make sure you thaw it completely for a soft, creamy and non-lumpy mixture.
9. Cram the cake sides with chopped almond nuggets. Garnish the top with chocolate squares.
Tip: Mangoes and coconut make a great combo. Sprinkle some sweetened coconut for an added flavour.
Your yummy mango cake is ready. Be all set to enjoy it with your friends and family. Running short of time? Too lazy to bake one? Order your perfect dose of deliciousness right here!