How about galloping a watermelon cake?
Give yourself a treat of watermelon joy and delicious cake together in a single bite.
You surely need to have some patience while following this watermelon cake recipe but you will surely love the result.
You may have seen a lot of cakes that look like real things, and it's your turn to make one that looks like a watermelon.
Be prepared with all the ingredients and equipment beforehand so you won't end up messing with this watermelon cake recipe.
● Nonstick cooking spray
● 2 boxes white cake mix
● 5 tsp. red gel food coloring, divided
● 1 c. mini dark chocolate chips
● 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
● 3 c. (6 sticks) unsalted butter
● 10 c. powdered sugar
● 1/2 c. whole milk
● 2 tbsp. vodka
● 2 tsp. green gel food colouring
● 2 tsp. yellow gel food colouring
● Black mini jelly beans
1. Preheat the oven to 350-degree celcius.
2. Take four round cake pans and line them properly with parchment paper.
3. Open both boxes of cake mix boxes and prepare according to the instructions on the box.
4. Now add four teaspoons of red food colouring to the cake mix.
5. Add the chocolate chips in the flour and fold gently into the batter.
6. Now divide the cake batter equally into the prepared cake pans.
7. Put a toothpick in the centre of each cake pan and bake them all for about 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
8. Take out of the oven and let them cool. Invert on the cake wire racks to cool completely.
9. Now beat butter and half of powdered sugar together in a bowl with a hand mixer. Add the remaining sugar along with ½ cup of milk, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Your frosting is ready!
10. Divide the frosting between two bowls. Add 1 teaspoon of red gel food colouring in one
bowl of frosting.
11. Now start putting all the eight prepared cakes one on one by layering every cake with the prepared frosting of red colouring gel.
12. Put ½ cup of frosting in a self-prepared piping bag. Add a crumb coat on the outside of the cake. Put the cake in the refrigerator until everything sets on the place.
13. Now take the bowl of frosting without food colour and put it around the cake nicely and equally.
14. On top of the cake, apply the red coloured frosting carefully by keeping it inside the white layer outside the cake.
15. Take the black mini jelly beans and scatter them on top of the cake. Push the jelly beans little inside of the frosting.
16. Take yellow, green, and light green food colouring and mix them with 1 spoon of Vodka in a bowl. Keep the yellow food colouring in a different bowl.
17. Take two sponges, dip then in the prepared colouring, and make watermelon-like patterns on the white frosting around the cake.
You can also try ordering a watermelon cake from an online cake shop so that you can have a tangible example of what to bake.