Muffins are sweet baked desserts and look like cupcakes. We all love delicious muffins and have always wanted to try the ultimate muffins recipe. While buying delectable muffins from bakeries seems like the easy option, baking these delicious and cute beauties at home is way easier. Yes, we are here with a single batter for an infinite muffins recipe. That means you can add fruit, chocolates, strawberry, nuts, or anything else that you like to your prepared batter. So, without any further ado, let’s get started with the super yummy and easy muffins recipe.
- 1 and ¾ cups (220 gm) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup (115 gm or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 and ½ tsps pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (150 gm) packed light brown sugar (or granulated)
- ½ cup (120 gm) sour cream or plain yogurt, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (60 ml) milk (any kind), at room temperature
Recipe / Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 218 degrees C. Shower a 12 count muffin skillet with nonstick oil or line with cupcake liners. Put it aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together. Put it aside.
- In another big bowl utilizing a handheld or stand blender fitted with a paddle connection, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and velvety, for around a minute. Include the brown sugar and beat on high speed until creamed, for around two minutes. Scratch down the sides and base of the bowl. Include the eggs, vanilla extract, and sour cream. Beat on medium speed for another minute, and slowly switch to high speed till the blend is creamy and well mixed. Scratch down the sides and base of the bowl.
- Empty the dry ingredients into the wet ones and beat on low speed until pretty much joined. Add the milk and keep on beating on low until joined.
- Spoon the batter equally into each cup or liner, filling every cup to the top. Bake the muffins for five minutes at 218 degrees C and then while the muffins are in the oven, lower the oven temperature to 177 degrees C. Bake for around 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle tells you the truth. The complete time these muffins take in the oven is around 23 minutes. Let the muffins cool for five minutes in the skillet, and then invert on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Coated muffins remain fresh in the fridge for a week, unglazed muffins remain fresh at room temperature for a couple of days and then you can keep them in the fridge for a week.
So, that was the recipe to bake simple basic muffins. You can easily bake delicious muffins in under an hour or so. Hope you liked the recipe. If baking is not your thing, you can always order muffins and cake online from a reliable online bakery. Happy eating! Happy baking!