This gorgeous Red Velvet Cake is flavorful and moist. You just cannot resist its lavish redness, its chocolaty treat and more so, its lip-smacking creamy frosting. Made of three layers of moist cake layers smothered in cream cheese and garnished with magnificent cream frosting, this Red Velvet Cake is all you need to bet on!
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons (235 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red food gel coloring (super red or red red)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
- 6 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar FOR THE FROSTING
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 oz. white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
For The Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take three 6 inches pans and spray the pans with nonstick spray.
- Line the bottom of each pan with parchment paper and further spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray. Keep aside.
- Take a medium size bowl and sift together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Keep aside the bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the grapeseed oil and sugar and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Now, turn the mixer to a medium-low. Add the eggs, one by one, followed by the vanilla and red food gel. Mix on medium speed until combined. Turn the mixer off and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Keeping the mixer on low, add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Keep mixing until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the baking soda and vinegar. Turn the mixer on low and add the baking soda and vinegar mixture. Mix for about 30 seconds.
- Using a kitchen scale, evenly distribute the batter among the three pans. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Let the cakes cool on wire racks for about 10-15 minutes before removing the cakes from their pans to cool completely.
For The Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter for about 2 minutes, until light in color.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the sifted powdered sugar. Turn the speed to medium and beat for about 2 more minutes.
- Slowly add the melted white chocolate, followed by the cream, vanilla and salt. Turn the mixer to medium-high and beat the frosting for another 5 minutes until light in texture and color.
- When you’re ready to frost the cake, use a wooden spoon to mix the frosting by hand for a few minutes. This helps to push out air bubbles.
Assemble The Cake
- When the cake layers are completely cooled, cut each layer horizontally to create six thin layers.
- Place the first cake layer on a cake board or cake plate. Spread about 1/2 cup of the frosting on top of the cake layer. Top with another cake layer and repeat until the final layer is left. Place the sixth cake layer, bottom side up.
- Apply a light crumb coat to the entire cake and freeze for about 10 minutes to set.
- Use the remainder of the frosting to decorate the cake.
Order the flavorsome Red Velvet Cake with creamy cheese frosting at Bakingo.com