An apple cake recipe can have so many variations that you can easily try one for a day. Those who love fruits will surely love to gallop a well-baked apple cake. In the time of advancement where Pul Me Up Cakes and Pinata Cakes are making it to the trends, we thought about making you familiar with an old fashioned apple cake recipe.
The recipe doesn’t include the extracts of the apple but a whole lot of real apple fruit. One might not know what it would taste like until it is prepared, but we can bet that it will smack the taste buds in a soothing, satisfying manner.
Whether it’s a birthday party lined up ahead or you want to add one more recipe to your baking skills, this apple cake recipe is a must-try. What makes this recipe unique from the other apple cake recipes is that it has apples in around half of its volume.
Without any further ado, let’s get to the recipe straight!
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Additional Time|
|15 Minutes||1 Hour||20 Minutes|
Ingredients For The Apple Cake Recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4-5 peeled apples cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Ingredients For The Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- The first step that every baking blog mentions: preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take three 7-inch pans and line and grease them properly.
- In a large bowl, add vegetable oil and granulated sugar and whisk them together until you get a well-mixed and lump-free mixture.
- Now add the eggs to the mixture and whisk them well.
- Take another large bowl and mix all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon in it until you have a smooth and lump-free batter.
- Add walnuts into the wet ingredients along with half of the batter prepared and mix well enough using a rubber spatula.
- Now add the remaining half of the batter prepared all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon and stir until combined.
- Drop the apple cubes onto the mixture and fold in the mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Now pour the final mixture equally into the three prepared cake pans and add a toothpick (half in and half out) to the centre of each cake pan.
- Place the cake pans into the oven and bake for around 55 to 60 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out the cake pans and place them on a wire rack to cool.
Instructions To Prepare Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add cream cheese and butter (kept at room temperature) to a bowl and beat them together using a hand mixer.
- When the two items combine well, add in the vanilla extract and mix at a low speed.
- For adding sweetness to the cream cheese frosting, add the powdered sugar in two equal instalments while mixing it continuously on a low until you get a lump-free and mixture.
Time To Assemble The Old Fashioned Apple Cake
- Take out the batter from the cake pans delicately.
- Place one layer and top it with the cream cheese frosting.
- Place the second cake layer and frost it too.
- Add the final layer on top and cover the whole cake with a parallel layer of cream cheese frosting.
- You use things like spoons or toothpicks to create texture on the frosting.
Few Points To Remember
- Make sure to peel your apples.
- Try to cut them into pieces of equal size.
- Use tart apples as they bake well.
- You can use more eggs if you want.
Go try your hands on this apple cake recipe! We are back on the way to bring you another recipe from the secret baker’s book!