Let us start this cake blog by stating a universal dessert fact: there’s no one cake as tempting as spongy vanilla cake. It simply has got no competition at all from any other kinds of cakes. And it tends to get even better for all the vegetarian friends when it is made into an eggless cakes variant. Before relishing any cake, every vegetarian has to check whether the cake contains eggs or not which is what exactly spoils the fun/excitement revolving around relishing a cake. So here’s an eggless cake recipe that you need to try. Give this drool-worthy eggless vanilla cake in the microwave a try as it is light, fluffy, easy to make, and is not an eggless vanilla cake with condensed milk. So without much ado, let’s begin what all do we need and how to bake this eggless delight at home.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- ½ cup vegetable 0il
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract or Vanilla beans
- ½ cup crushed walnuts
- Start by preheating the oven at 180 degrees C and meanwhile line up a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour and baking powder in a bowl and then set it aside.
- Take another bowl and add yogurt. Sprinkle some baking soda on it and set it aside to foam up.
- Whisk castor sugar and oil in another bowl until well combined and pale.
- Pour the yogurt and oil-sugar mixture together and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Using the cut and fold method, until well combined. Make sure you don’t overmix the batter.
- Add walnuts to the batter and pour the batter in the already prepared baking tray.
- Bake it 180C for 30-35 minutes. Check the doneness of the cake by pricking a toothpick or knife. If it comes out clean, then your cake is ready, you can take it out and place it on a wire rack to cool down.
So, this was one of the easiest vanilla cake recipes without eggs. Hope you enjoyed baking as well as relishing it along with your friends and family. Additionally, you can top up your eggless vanilla cake with chocolate ganache or some whipped cream to turn up it’s yumminess.
- Even if you don’t have parchment paper, make sure to coat the baking tin generously with melted butter/oil/baking spray. Otherwise, the spongy eggless vanilla cake will get stuck to the baking tray base even after the cake has been fully baked.
- Make sure you bring all those ingredients like yogurt etc. at room temperature before you bake them.
- Never overmix the batter, while combining the dry and wet ingredients together. If your batter is overmixed, your cake will turn into a dense one, which you surely won’t want. So to avoid such a disaster, just use a spatula and mix the batter by using the cut and fold method – which would seem as if you are drawing a digit 8 with your spatula.
- Before you start applying frosting to the cake, make sure the cake has fully cooled down.