Commonly, all-purpose flour is used for baking a cake. However, all-purpose flour (maida) in cakes raises bad cholesterol, fat, blood pressure. It is also seen that maida makes you crave sweets, causes mood swings, ruins your health. That’s the reason people are looking for a healthier alternative to all-purpose flour. Wheat flour is the healthiest substitute for all-purpose flour that will also keep your cakes spongy like you want to relish.
Here we are going to tell you how to make cake with flour at home. We are going to bake a vanilla cake because a tender cake sponge is more favourable in this recipe.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter or salted butter
- ½ cup water
- Grease the cake pan with butter and flour
- Sieve whole wheat flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add condensed milk to the sifted ingredients.
- Add vanilla extract and keep aside. Do not mix.
- Take a frying pan, put unsalted butter, water, and sugar
- Heat the mixture on a low flame
- Keep stirring occasionally to melt the butter.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour the mixture into the flour mixture.
- Whisk the batter to obtain a smooth consistency.
- Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans. Tap the pan to let air bubbles set.
- Bake at 180 degree celsius for 45 minutes.
In case you do not have wheat flour at home. You can make yourself as well. Here are the directions on how to make your own cake flour
- You will need 1 cup all-purpose flour and one tablespoon of cornstarch
- Take one cup of all-purpose flour. Remove two tablespoons of the flour.
- Add cornstarch to the flour mixture.
- Sift together the mixture twice. Make sure the ingredients have mixed properly.
- Measure one cup of flour and use it in your cake recipes.
Occasionally, you can order cake online and enjoy it at your comfort!