Untold Story Of Bittersweet Chocolate
Well, if you thought, all this while that chocolates were supposed to be made of everything sweet and nice. Then, you were probably wrong all this while. Among the various kinds of chocolates, there exists a variety called bittersweet chocolates. And around this variety of chocolates, on 10th of every January, people celebrate the Bittersweet Chocolate Day. As the name quite suggests, due to the presence of 35 per cent of pure chocolate along with some small amount of sugar, this chocolate gets its name and taste from its content. The name of the initiator of this interesting day still goes anonymous.
It is often referred to as dark chocolate by the European chocolate brands. Having a way different approach of being made of lots of sugar, and a healthy dose of milk. On the contrary, such kind of chocolates is made of fat and sugar that are added to cocoa, without the milk to even out the bitterness. It tends to be bitter, harder and richer in its taste and flavour. To mark the uniqueness of this special kind of chocolate, every year people celebrate the National Bittersweet Chocolate Day by baking chocolate chip cookies to chocolate cakes, at their home. One must know that, while the national bittersweet chocolate day is celebrated on 10th January, National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day is celebrated on November 7.
How Do People Celebrate Bittersweet Chocolate Day?
Once, we have heard all about this variety of chocolate, we would absolutely like to know how to go by its celebrations. Usually, people like to bake some semisweet or bittersweet chocolate cookies to commemorate this special day. Below, we present before you the best recipe for bittersweet chocolate cookies to celebrate this January 10 over.
- 10 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup + 3 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 7 oz bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
Let’s Start Baking!
- Start by melting the butter in a saucepan. Once it melts and becomes a little foamy, add vanilla extract to it. Keep the pan aside, off the heat for 10 minutes.
- Take a mixing bowl and one by one pour all the dry ingredients into it. Then, pour the mixture from the saucepan.
- Add eggs and mix all the ingredients together. Finally, add the chocolate to the mixture.
- Once you have mixed all he batter evenly, star scooping ¼ cup scoops of the cookies onto a cookie sheet. And sprinkle them with sea salt.
- Next, you have to refrigerate for anywhere between 1 hour, and 3 days to make them taste good.
- After getting refrigerated these cookies, heat the oven to 400 degrees and if the dough remains still cool, bake for 10 minutes more.
Voila! Your treat is calling you to indulge in Bittersweet Chocolate day celebrations over these cookies. Where are you? And what are you doing? If resisting yourself from these bittersweet treats.