Hey, you want some chocolate cake? That is a question that has never been answered negatively! Chocolate cakes are loved by literally every person residing on this beautiful planet of ours. I believe chocolate dry cakes are loved more than any other frosting covered moist cakes, and rightfully so! A plain chocolate dry cake is a perfect morning dessert to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee, or you can always serve this delicious treat to your friends while sharing a laugh or two; you can include the cake in your Sunday brunch, or you can always include it in your dinner menu. The point is, dry chocolate cakes are always a good idea.
Now you can buy cakes online quickly, so why not give baking a go? Start your baking journey with an easy chocolate dry cake recipe, and you will know just how easy it is to do magic in the kitchen.
Servings: 8 Scrumptious Servings
Prep Time: 25 Mins.
Making Time: 35 Mins.
Total Time: 1 Hour
Now that you have decided to bake a delicious cake start gathering the ingredients! For this heavenly cake, you will need:
- Cooking spray for greasing the pan
- One full cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Two and a half cups of all-purpose flour
- Two full cups of sugar
- Two tiny teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Half a cup of sour cream
- Whole three fourth cup of vegetable oil
- Three large eggs, remember to keep them at room temperature
- One and a half teaspoons of baking powder, which is different from the next ingredient
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- One little teaspoon of salt
Got everything we need? Great, now it’s time to follow the delicious chocolate dry cake recipe:
- First of all, of course, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176 degrees Celsius. Next, take two cake pans and prepare them for baking by spraying lots of cooking oil on their surface. Remember to grease them up properly to minimize the chances of your cake burning.
- Now, take a medium-sized bowl, pour boiling water into it along with the cocoa powder and then start whisking it properly. Once it’s appropriately smooth, you can keep it aside. Now take a larger bowl, pour sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour into it, and then combine the dry ingredients. After they are combined thoroughly, add the wet ingredients like eggs, sour cream, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Now, start beating the batter as much as you can; if possible, use an electric mixer as it is easier and faster. After it’s completely smooth, add the cocoa mixture into the same batter and start beating the batter again.
- Once you are satisfied with the consistency of the batter, take the prepared pan and divide the batter equally into both. Remember to fill the batter with only ¼ of the pan as it will rise as well. Then tap the pan on the counter lightly to get rid of the air bubbles. Now bake for 30 to 40 minutes. To check if the cake is made, just poke the cake with a toothpick, and if it comes out clean, you are good to go.
- Now, let the cake cool down a little, and then open the pan; your scrumptious cake is now ready to be devoured.
You can easily find dry cakes online; however, the taste that you get after baking a cake yourself can not be explained. So this time, put on the apron and bake a delicious cake!