The current obsession of netizens and bakers is Pull Me Up Cake. Pull Me Up cake is also famous by the name of Tsunami cake. The pulling of the sheet and chocolate falling upon the cake in slow motion makes the watchers dig into it instantly. The fascination is all about the tickle and tumbles effect of frosting over the cake. That’s the reason every cake lover wants to have a pull me up cake for the celebration, and every baker is trying their hands on the pull me up cake recipe.
If your baker soul is screaming at you to try out the pull me up cake at home, then you can follow this recipe. It’s chocolate pull me up cake design recipe. Chocolate is the most favourite flavour, so it is always good to bake a chocolate cake. At the end of the recipe, we are going to give you tips on one or two pull me up cakes designs
The process is almost the same, with slight variations. Once you get the hang of it, you will be able to bake any pull me up cake.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cake Baking Time: 30-35 minutes
Cooling Time: 10 minutes
Assembling: 15- 20 minutes
Ingredients For Cake :
1) 250 gms butter
2) 100 gms dark chocolate
3) 1 tbsp of instant coffee
4) 35 grams cocoa powder
5) 220 grams powdered sugar
6) 375 ml water
7) 250 grams all-purpose flour
8) 1 tsp baking soda
9) 1 Plastic sheet
For Creamy Ganache Sauce:
1) 200 grams of cream
2) 100 grams of chocolate
1) Crushed chocolate
3) Choco chips
4) Cocoa powder
Important Baking Tip: Measure all your ingredients correctly and follow the instructions thoroughly. Do not skip the cooling process. Use good quality ingredients. For garnishing the cake, you can choose all or one ingredient mentioned.
1) Take a utensil such as a pan, add butter to it and put it on flame. Start stirring it on a low flame.
2) As the flame is low and butter is melting, simultaneously add chocolate and stir again.
3) You will see butter and chocolate melting. Add to it instant coffee powder
4) Also, add cocoa powder and give it a nice stir
5) Go ahead and put sugar and then water
6) Mix all the ingredients at low heat. Make a slurry that is not too thick nor too runny.
7) You will need to cook it for at least 5 minutes.
8) When the chocolate slurry is ready, take it off the heat and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
9) Sieve all-purpose flour and baking soda into the chocolate slurry
10) Whisk it to get a cake batter.
11) Prepare two cake tins by applying butter and parchment paper
12) Spread the batter into cake pot and bake for 30 minutes
13) While you put cakes for baking, prepare the chocolate ganach
14) Take a pan and put cream and chocolate into it. Cook it for 10 minutes. Your ganache should be creamy and smooth enough to fall like lava.
Assembling of Pull Up Cake:
1) Take out your cakes from the oven and let them cool for at least 10 minutes
2) Using your knife, release your cakes on a plate. Make sure in the process you do not break or crumble the cake.
3) Cut the top part of the cakes. As you cut, you will get a cake layer.
4) Put a spoon of prepared ganache and spread it out evenly to make a centre filling.
5) Put the second layer of the cake on top of the first one.
6) Take a plastic sheet and create a boundary/wall around the cake. Basically, the sheet should cover or enclose the cake properly. Seal the edges with tape.
7) Slightly warm the remaining ganache and pour over the cake inside the sheet. Do it slowly and gradually.
8) Garnish the ganache as you like
Pull the sheet up and tada-tada!!! Your pull up cake fantasy sweetly comes true!!
Notes: Similarly, you can bake any pull-up cake using the recipe in any flavour.
If you want to bake doll cake, then here is what you can do.
1) Bake a cake and give it a dome shape using the mould or slicing the edges. It would form the base of the cake.
2) Insert a Barbie cutting into it. (Paste a barbie picture on a long toothpick).
3) Cover the cake with a sheet as mentioned above and pour the ganache. Over the ganache, sprinkle edible glitter as well.
You can also bake layered pull-up cake:
1) Bake cake layers and assemble by spreading whipped cream.
2) Make two-three different flavoured ganache.
3) Cover the cake with a sheet and start pouring the ganache
4) Put one layer of ganache, then another layer of different ganache.
5) Repeat until you reach the top.