Like many other Hindu festivals, Navratri is celebrated as a celebration of the victory of good over evil. It is believed that Goddess Durga fights evil forces for the entire 9 days and nights and eventually wins by defeating a demon named Mahishasur on the 10th day. Navratri marks the victory of Goddess Durga over the arrogant demon Mahishasura. According to Hindu culture, non-vegetarian food should not be eaten during the festival of Navratri. This is the reason why people find it very difficult to survive these nine days without being able to grab a piece of their favorite dish. If you want to order cakes online but the thought of Navratri strikes you then you need not resist yourself.
So, fasting season has arrived, we all are ready with our favorite and lovely dishes. However, missing your favorite cake would be a really tough decision.
How about a buttercream and jam filling sponge! Yes, it is buckwheat and yes it is a navratri special cake!
- Buckwheat flour 1 1/2 cups
- curd 1 cup
- castor sugar 1 cup
- rock salt 1 pinch
- Milk 5 tbsp
Ingredients:- BUTTERCREAM AND JAM FILLING
- 100g icing sugar
- butter 1 tsp
- milk 4 tbsp
- jam icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C for 5 minutes and grease a baking tin
- Sift all the dry ingredients together
- In a separate bowl, add sugar and curd and whisk well until smooth
- Add butter and keep mixing
- Slowly add milk to this mixture and keep aside for 5 minutes
- Slowly add dry ingredients to curd mixture using cut and fold technique to avoid lumps
- Once the cake batter is good to go, pour into the greased cake tin
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes
- Insert the toothpick to check if it comes out clean, your cake is ready
- Let it cool
Buttercream and Jam Filling
- Measure icing sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and milk and mix it into a butter cream paste.
- Spread buttercream on a cold cake layer.
- Spread the jam over the buttercream.
- Place the second sponge layer on top.
- Dust lightly with icing sugar.
So, that was your navratri cake recipe! If you are craving for one you know how to bake it at home.