Baking a cake is fun; it is not as complicated as it looks. The butterscotch cake gives a sense of nostalgia as everyone has grown up eating this enticing flavour. The sweetness of the butterscotch flavour is enough to make any occasion extra sweet. Kids, as well as elders, love this flavour. There has been a rising demand for butterscotch cake online, pushing us to write a recipe you can follow to bake a perfect cake.
So, here is an easy recipe for how to make butterscotch cake. Let’s get started.
- 2 +1/4 cup (270gms) maida
- ¾ cup (180ml) oil
- 1 cup (200gms) brown sugar
- 1 + ½ cup (427gms)yogurt
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
- ¾ tsp (4.5gms) baking soda
- 1 + ½ tsp (6gms) baking powder
- ½ cup (70gms) butterscotch nuts
For Butterscotch sauce
- ¼ cup (50gms) butter
- ½ cup (115gms) fresh cream
- ½ cup (100gms) brown sugar
- 2 cups (450gms) butter
- 4 cups (520gms) icing sugar
- 3 tbsp (45ml) butterscotch sauce
For sugar syrup
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
1. Use parchment paper to line two round 6-inch baking pans and preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. To bake Butterscotch cake, add a small bowl of yogurt and baking soda and give it a good stir. Wait for five minutes till it gets foamy.
3. Take a large bowl of oil and sugar; whisk it properly until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Add vanilla extract and foamy yogurt mixture in the same bowl.
5. Sift the flour and baking powder together with a sieve over the bowl.
6. Combine the batter with a spatula and add butterscotch nuts.
7. Pour the batter into the baking pan.
8. Bake your butterscotch flavour cake at 180-degree celsius for about 20 to 30 minutes.
9. While your eggless butterscotch cake is baking, start preparing your butterscotch sauce. Add brown sugar and butter to the pan over low, medium heat. Wait for the sugar and butter to melt completely.
10. Add some fresh cream, cook it for around 5 minutes, and wait until the sauce becomes thick.
11. Take it off and set it aside to cool for a few minutes.
12. Next step for the butterscotch cake recipe is making buttercream frosting. To make the frosting, add softened butter, beat it for 4-5 minutes continuously, and wait until it becomes pale and fluffy.
13. Add sifted icing sugar. Beat the ingredients for about a minute at high speed.
14. Make Sure that all the ingredients are combined together properly.
15. Repeat the same process after adding the remaining icing sugar.
16. Before giving the final mix, add butterscotch sauce.
17. For preparing simple sugar syrup, add sugar and water to a pan and cook it on medium flame.
18. After baking the cake, remove the sponges from the molds and place one on the cake base. Fill the sponge with simple sugar syrup and soak it for a few minutes.
19. Spread buttercream frosting on the edges of the cake as well as on the top.
20. Place the second layer of the sponge, soak it in sugar syrup, and complete the frosting process.
21. To give the final touch, add butterscotch sauce on the cake on the top and on the sides to create a drip effect.
22. Garnish the cake with butterscotch nits, and you can also add more frosting on the top.
23. Let the cake settle for some time in the refrigerator.
24. Enjoy your freshly baked delectable butterscotch cake.
Tips for Baking a perfect butterscotch cake
It is quite easy to make and assemble this cake once you understand its components. But here are a few tips and tricks you can keep in mind to make the baking process even easier –
- Make sure that you bake your cake at the proper temperature. Ensure that all the ingredients, yogurt, cream and milk, are at room temperature.
- To bake a perfect cake, it is very important that you mix the wet ingredients really well. This will help in incorporating the air into the batter, resulting in a fluffy cake.
- Add only room temperature butter and cream to your melted brown sugar while making your butterscotch cake. If you add cold ingredients to the pan, your sugar may freeze.
- Make sure that you make smooth buttercream; when sifting your icing sugar, make sure that you don’t get grains of icing sugar in your buttercream.
Try this easy eggless butterscotch cake recipe and startle the heart of your loved ones on their special occasions. If your loved ones are living far away, you can surprise them with an online cake order in just a few clicks.