Tips for baking a cake, eggs are known to make the batter smoother with more stable air bubbles. They give the cake structure and consistency. Conventionally, eggs help in binding the other ingredients together so that they are super light and fluffy.
However, if you believe that eggs are an integral part of the cake and a fluffy, moist, airy eggless cake is a myth. And, here we are about to list 6 tips to help you bake a spongy eggless cake with the most amazing results. Before we proceed to look into the various tips and tricks for baking the perfect eggless cake, one thing that you must remember at all times is that the amateur home baker needs to find a suitable eggless cake recipe. The reason behind this happens to be a better finish and uniformly baked desserts. No matter how confident you feel, having a recipe open is that you can easily fall back on it whenever necessary!
An eggless cake recipe is often considered pretty difficult and non-fruitful but as stated earlier, airy and fluffy eggs can be achieved without eggs. All you need to know are some tips and tricks to know what exactly you should use in order to the desired consistency that we all love.
So, without further interruptions, here is a list of all the tips that will teach you how to make cake fluffy without eggs:
1. Because of the absence of eggs in the batter, there are more chances of eggless cake not turning super spongy. Therefore, make sure you preheat the oven and place the cake as much as possible, in the center of the pan. There are two reasons for this, first is; that a non preheated oven will start baking your cake after taking its time, and because of that your cake will not rise as much as it should making it less spongy instantly. The second reason for including this step in your eggless cake recipe is that if you do not place your cake in the centre, the heat will not be evenly distributed and that will destroy the consistency of the cake.
2. In the absence of eggs, make sure to use the same eggless cake ingredients ratio; the substitutes of the same could be baking soda, applesauce, mashed bananas, flax seeds, vinegar. A usual eggless cake recipe won’t tell you about the ratio of the ingredients specifically. You can also watch video recipes to learn how to use ingredients to substitute eggs if you are a novice baker.
3. While you are not using the eggs, do not overbeat the batter lest the cake should sink in the middle when baked. A myth has been created due to an overdose of cake recipes that you should beat hard in order to bake an eggless sponge cake. You should avoid that mistake, or your cake will be ruined. However, make sure you beat the fat and sugar batter for a frothier texture.
4. Be generous with ingredients that gives your cake moisture. For that will be making your dessert perfectly moist! For an added rise in the baked cake, use sour curd. It provides a good amount of moisture and fat in the batter and prevents the drop and dip of the cake. Remember that you are not using eggs which helps the cake to attain sponginess, so you need to be focused on the baking skills so that you can have a perfect eggless cake recipe prepared with execution.
Also Read: 9 Essential Tips To Make Your Cake Spongy, Fluffy & Moist
5. Once the cake is baked, remove it from the mold as soon as you take it out of the oven. Cooling it for a long time will make the cake dense and flat. In fact, many first time bakers also say that their cakes have become a dense loaf like structure that lacks bounce and moisture because of the same.
Note: It is ideal that you cool the cake on the wire rack to allow the flow of air from the top to the base of the bread.
6. Prevent the deflation of the cake or rising of the air bubbles by not adding dry ingredients into the cake mixture all at once. Use a separate bowl to mix both together and make sure the batter is poured and mixed slowly with the dry ingredients. You always have ways to do things differently, and while baking an eggless sponge cake, you should look for the best egg substitutes for baking. Vinegar & Baking Soda, Applesauce, Plain Yogurt, Tofu, Flax Egg, Protein Powder, and Mashed Bananas are some of the most effective substitutes for eggs in baking.
Your dilemma of the difference between egg and eggless cake is clear now! With this guide on how to make cake spongy without eggs, you are sure to bake a cake that not only tastes yummy but looks perfect too. Therefore, it’s time to fulfill your ultimate cake craving with your desired kind of cake.